Relevant textual alternative to the image

Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke ‘Dry Red’ 2021

R175.00

This is our Pinotage – 1968 planted (53 year old) bushvine vineyard, grown on Langkloof Farm using organic practices by Scholtz Rossouw. Made again by Jurgen Gouws, with 90% of the fruit fermented whole bunch under semi-carbonic conditions for 10 days. The other 10% of the fruit was pressed earlier and fermented as a rosé and blended back in after malolactic fermentation. The resultant wine has a juicier mid-palte compared with previous vintages, loads of cherry and raspberry fruit with that characteristic pomegranate tang. We absolutely adore northern Italian reds here at Ex Animo. Pinotage, weirdly enough, when made without massive extraction and from quality fruit, can remind us of a crunchy Dolcetto d’Alba. Enjoy.

In stock

  
Producer

Region

Style

Variety

Vintage

Weight

Updating…
  • No products in the basket.