Relevant textual alternative to the image
Free delivery for orders over R1500

Saurwein ‘Chi’ Riesling 2020

R200.00

60% of the blend’s fruit comes from Casey’s Ridge Vineyard, Elgin on loamy and very rocky red slate soils. The other 40% of the blend De Rust Vineyard, Elgin on decomposed Bokkeveld Shale.
Fragrant orange blossom, green melon, lime, Yellow stone fruits, Pina colada, honey suckle, flint.
Residual Sugar: 8,8 g/l
Total acidity: 7,1 g/l

In stock

  

Steeped in the history of 17th-century winemaking, Jessica’s forefathers made “sour” wine for the Emperor of Austria. It became her vocation to redeem her family’s reputation in wine and so after a gap year working locally and internationally in vineyards, she completed a BSc Oenology and Viticulture degree at Stellenbosch University, South Africa. She started Saurwein part-time in 2015. When she had a baby in October 2017 she resigned from her job to become a mother and full-time winemaker for her own brand. Today she focusses on handcrafting her two favourite cultivars, Pinot noir and Riesling, and makes three wines under the Saurwein brand name, two Pinot noirs and one Riesling.

Producer

Region

Style

Variety

Vintage

Weight

,

Updating…
  • No products in the basket.