Relevant textual alternative to the image

Van Loggerenberg ‘Breton’ Cabernet Franc 2021

R370.00

100% Cabernet Franc
W.O Stellenbosch
Soil: Decomposed granite, with koffieklip in topsoil
Alcohol Vol: 13%
pH: 3.62
Total acidity: 5.2g/l

In the vineyards
The wine is made up of two parcels, the majority from Klein Welmoed Farm (65%) which was planted in 2008 and the remaining 35% from Bluegum Grove Farm on the Vlaeberg Road planted in 2004. The grapes are picked and vinified separately and only blended before bottling. The two vineyards are planted on decomposed granite with Koffieklip in the top layer of soil.

In the cellar
30% of the final wine was whole bunch fermented while the destemmed grapes were left on their skins for two weeks after alcoholic fermentation to add depth to the mid palate. Only one punch down was done per day. After pressing, the three parcels underwent malolactic fermentation in barrel on their own. The different components were blended after 10 months in barrel and bottled right after. No enzymes or commercial yeasts were used in making the wines.

Christian Eedes: Archetypal aromatics of red and black berries, pencil shavings, rose violets and some herbaceousness – very expressive and attractive. The palate has good fruit density (more so than usual although it’s hardly what you would call “plush”) and the acidity is well integrated, the tannins fine-grained. Poise, verve and length. 95/100.

Only 5 left in stock

  

Lukas van Loggerenberg makes his wines on Paarl mountain, and sources most of his fruit from Stellenbosch with important parcels coming from Swartland and a new (old) vineyard in Franschhoek.

There is a luxuriousness and generosity to Lukas’ wines, but certainly not at the expense of balance or finesse.

His aim is to create great South African wines – quality is paramount.

Producer

Region

Style

Variety

Vintage

Weight

Updating…
  • No products in the basket.