Relevant textual alternative to the image

Van Loggerenberg ‘Geronimo’ Cinsaut 2021

R305.00

100% Cinsaut
W.O Western Cape
Soil: Decomposed granite, clay-rich granite
Alcohol Vol: 12.5%
pH: 3.39
Total acidity: 5.3g/l

In the vineyards
The wine is made from 2 parcels, 87% of the grapes from a vineyard situated on the Rustenhof farm in the Firgrove area which was planted in 1978 and the remaining 13% from the second oldest vineyard in South Africa, planted in 1932 in Franschhoek. Both vineyards are made up of bush vines and are dryland farmed. Decomposed granite soils with under laying sandstone give this wine its elegance and finesse.

In the cellar
The grapes from the Rustenhof farm were 40% whole bunch fermented. The grapes from the Franschhoek parcel were destemmed. All grapes were left to ferment naturally with one punch down performed daily. The wines underwent malolactic fermentation in barrel. The barrels were blended after 9 months in old French oak barrels and bottled right after. The cinsaut is bottled earlier than our other red wines to maintain the crunchy fruit vibrancy unique to cinsaut. No enzymes or commercial yeast was used in making the wines.

Christian Eedes: Top notes of potpourri, rose and fresh herbs on the nose before red currant, wild strawberry and spice. The palate is well delineated with pure fruit, vibrant acidity and fine tannins, the finish super-dry. Combines delicacy and energy to good effect. 94/100.

Only 3 left in stock

  

Lukas van Loggerenberg makes his wines on Paarl mountain, and sources most of his fruit from Stellenbosch with important parcels coming from Swartland and a new (old) vineyard in Franschhoek.

There is a luxuriousness and generosity to Lukas’ wines, but certainly not at the expense of balance or finesse.

His aim is to create great South African wines – quality is paramount.

Producer

Region

Style

Variety

Vintage

Weight

Updating…
  • No products in the basket.